1) ORAL & POSTER SESSIONS PRESENTATION AWARDS FOR THE 9th INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS ON PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY AND THE 5th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
Three oral or poster announcements of the research studies that have presented in our congress and as a result of the evaluation will be awarded with TAP’s Outstanding Research Awards.
IMPORTANT: In order for the applicants of the 9th ICP- 5th ISCAP Outstanding Research Award Award be entitled to be evaluated, their poster and oral abstracts should not be published elsewhere, the whole text should be submitted in accordance with the Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology publication guidelines. Body text should include 1500 words excluding the abstract and references. The abstracts will be published in the supplemental edition of the Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology and the authors can submit their manuscript to any journal they choose.
1) During entering the abstract into the system, the award application survey at the last step should be completed and submitted to the abstract science board to apply for the 9th ICP- 5thISCAP Outstanding Research Awards. Then, in the ‘My Abstracts’ section, the file prepared according to the rules should be uploaded to the system using the ‘Upload Full Text/Presentation’ button below the abstract.
2) The abstracts should include the following sections respectively: Objective, Methods, Results, Conclusions.
3) Main text should also be divided into these sections (Methods, Results and Conclusions) and tables should be added where necessary.
4) The applicant abstracts will be evaluated in terms of originality, contribution to the field, innovation in psychiatric diagnosis and treatment, correct design, and quality of the manuscript writing.
Posters and oral abstracts that do not comply with these conditions will not be evaluated in the scope of the 9th ICP – 5th ISCAP Outstanding Research Awards.
2) OUTSTANDING RESEARCH AWARDS OF JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY & CLINICAL PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
Three of the original research manuscripts that are published in the supplement issue of the Journal of Psychiatry & Clinial Psychopharmacology will be awarded with 6,000 TL in total. The applicant manuscripts will be evaluated in terms of originality, contribution to the field, innovation in psychiatric diagnosis and treatment, correct design, and quality of the manuscript writing.
3) SCHOLARSHIPS OF TURKISH ASSOCIATION FOR PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
Turkish Association for Psychopharmacology provides this scholarship to eligible highly qualified scientists from the following categories in order to provide financial support for their studies and observations on biological psychiatry outside of Turkey. TAP’s administrative board is responsible from determining the jury that will select the scientists to be supported and providing a financial support within the context of this scholarship. TAP’s administrative board can put the scholarship on hold or cancel it in case sufficient financial support cannot be provided. Administrative board of the association announces the number of scholarships and their categories 6 months before the 9th International Congress on Psychopharmacology & the 5thInternational Symposium on Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology. Financial support includes transportation expenses (economy class round trip ticket), 3-month health insurance, and monthly 1,500.00 USD payment.
3 a) CATEGORY I: YOUNG RESEARCHER SCHOLARSHIP OF TURKISH ASSOCIATION FOR PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
1. 2nd year psychiatry and pharmacology residents & psychiatrists and pharmacologists (including associate professors) under the age of 40 who are still working in an educational institution can apply for this scholarship.
2. Applications should be submitted along with the poster applications for the 9th International Congress on Psychopharmacology (9th ICP- 5th ISCAP).
3. Qualifications and documents for this application:
a) The applicant should submit at least 1 poster for the poster contest in the 9th ICP- 5th ISCAP
b) Submit the CV and publication list
c) Applications should be submitted along with the relevant Inter-University Language Exam result showing English proficiency
d) 1250-1500 words length personal statement explaining the key role that the applicant wants to play in the future of psychiatry
e) Reference letter from the director (supervisor, department chair, or dean) of the educational institution that the applicant works
4. The applicant(s) that should win the scholarship will be selected from the first five finalists in the poster contest (pre-requisite) and they will be announced in the award ceremony at the end of the congress
3 b) CATEGORY II: CAREER DEVELOPMENT SCHOLARSHIP OF TURKISH ASSOCIATION FOR PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
Only associate professors and professors that are actively working in an educational institution and performing scientific researches in psychiatry and psychopharmacology can apply for this scholarship. There is no age restriction for the application, however, the applicant is required to be highly qualified in science and should have performed research that contributed to the scientific literature. The applicant should apply to the administrative board of Turkish Association for Psychopharmacology with a petition stating that she/he applies for the award at least a month before the 9th ICP- 5th ISCAP. The applicant should submit a resume including the publication list, 1250-1500 words length personal statement explaining the key role that the applicant wants to play in the future of psychiatry (written in English), and state her/his most important 3 works and the country and center that the she/he will use the scholarship.
The Executive Board of the Turkish Association for Psychopharmacology has been providing the above-referred scholarships since 2008 and has agreed to select two scholars for both categories mentioned above in 2017.